Monday, September 29, 2008

Perfection?

"We are rare, not perfect."

So says Mark Nepo in his Book of Awakenings. I look at that idea and wonder. I know that, as Spirit, what I am IS perfect, whole and complete. There is nothing to heal or fix at the level of the Absolute... And yet, as the singular, human consciousness that is Linda, I exhaust myself in striving for perfection in myself and those around me.

Can I simply revel in my unique qualities as one in the Whole that is All? Can I understand that my rare and singular piece of the puzzle is designed to be what it is - perfect in its apparent flaws?

So much time spent fixing, when what wants to happen is simple living and turning to Truth as often and freely as I possibly can. I puzzle and I walk the tightrope called a conscious life. I recall the line from scriptures... "Lord, I believe. Help me with my unbelief."

Always, I remind myself to live in the questions. That's the only way to discover my self.

(I find that anything by Mark Nepo is worth reading - several times. His website: www.marknepo.com)

No comments: