Monday, December 7, 2015

Day 1 - Quest 2016

I have made a decision to enter into a person Quest in 2016, to explore my direction, my work, my life. I am so grateful to Dorianne Cotter-Lockard for sharing her blog and her work on this, and I chose to move into it as well. This is where it is described... http://trackingwonder.com/quest-2016/

So, here is my first foray into this. Posed by Visionary Susan Piver: What I most need to tell myself about 2016 is...

That it is safe - that I am safe - that the only one actually judging me - and the only one empowered to “judge” me, is me. I am the only one whose opinion matters. My struggle for years has been to relinquish seeking approval from “others.” I am now ready to act on that, and stop struggling.

2016 is the portal to all I have been building toward the past 66 years. From student to dissatisfied office worker to bar owner to minister, I have traversed a varied and multi-dimensional path over the years. I spent most of last year in recovery from a profound injury to my (dominant) arm, and realized early on it was a pilgrimage.

Lessons have been learned. Gestation time is over. Trail has been traversed. Wall is coming down. 2016 reveals itself as the perfect time and place to step into now. And I come back to my opening line. 2016 is a safe space and place. I am safe moving forward. It is the perfect unfolding of a life-long journey, and the world and I are ready to dance.

No comments: