Monday, December 28, 2015

Day 7 and 8 of Quest 2016




Day 7 – Visionary John Jantsch: Payoff - What can you stop doing in 2016 such that it would allow you to focus on higher payoff activities?

Step away from the minutiae! That would be my biggest and most effective act. I pride myself on being a big-picture thinker, but even as I embrace the larger, grander scheme of things, I find someone/something pulls me back to examine some tiny schism along the way that needs attention – (MY attention? Really?)

The “higher payoff” concept leaves me a bit cold. It smacks of Wall Street Banking parlance… and to me, the higher payoff would be a profound change in the way we live in the world, the way we see one another, the way we become God in action. So perhaps this is still all where I am headed – to a scheme of things that keeps me focused on where I am headed, rather than stopping to fix the road signs. I can stop getting sidetracked, because I have a firm grasp on the grand design. I like that.

Day 8 – Visionary Sally Hogshead: 1 of 3 - Of these 3 options, which one is most important in your work right now:

Quality of life

Quality of work

Quality of compensation


And the answer here is quality of life – there is no need for anything else if the quality of life is not there and good. When my quality of life is good, my quality of work is good – and my quality of compensation is assured. This is one of the simplest questions – and perhaps it is meant to be a tap on the shoulder. I am being called to remember what is important. Yes, money and benefits are nice, doing a good job is important, but if the quality of one’s life suffers as a consequence of either, what does it matter. The Life is all we have.

No comments: